Monday 29 March 2010

A walk through Faraway Tree

Well just after I posted that blog Amy and I had a lovely natter for several hours Thursday evening. We gossiped about boys, kids at her school, and life in general. She really can be quite funny and a joy to talk with...she just has her teenage moments ;).

Fairly quiet weekend. Friday night was dinner in and a movie on the couch at the boyfriends. Saturday had a lazy start where we slowly wandered down to Cadenheads, exchanging some £ to $ along the way as Ross owed a friend from a trip to Costa Rica a year ago. We window shopped our way to the Whiskey Shop and eventually started our tasting. I would say it was an interesting experience but I didn't really enjoy any of the Whiskey. I was told that if you drink it on the rocks, your taste buds become numbed and thus the taste is slightly dulled....which makes me think the only liquor I like straight up is Tequila...meh, I'm not really all that bothered. I hadn't eaten much so I ended up not feeling well afterwards, despite not even drinking the whole "taste". We did go and get burgers at GBK and they were awesome burgers but I just ended up feeling more ill which was unfortunate.

Saturday night consisted of helping TJ get the kids ready for bed and help her grab things out of the loft for their trip. They left 7am Sunday morning and I was left to my own devices.....I had a lazy day and felt pretty lame by the end of it so I resolved to be more active the next day.

Which takes me to today. I woke up did 48 crunches, stretched for 20min took a foot ball around on the fields, then jogged around the length of the gardens. I did some ironing...but have more I need to get up to after this. Then went to town and deposited money into the bank, both into savings and checking! Woo. Then I went to Toys hill for a brisk walk.

Toys hill was really lovely and though there were no giant sized teddy bears or large soldiers walking about (Faraway Tree Reference) there were lots of bare trees and moss covered logs. I even saw a beautiful young buck prancing through the Forrest. That was a 3.5mile walk after which I cam home and ate some lunch. mmm Grilled cheese and ham sandwich w/ tomato's, I even used olive oil on the outside instead of butter, then I ate an apple. After that I took a nap and a shower.

Now it is 3p and really time I tidied up and put a movie on to do some ironing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment