Tuesday 9 March 2010

Bowling,partying, and general update

Phew, its been awhile. Sorry bout that. Anyhow Thursday runs worked out just fine in the end. Friday my plan was to wake up, see kids off, finish chores, make cake, nap, drive to friends party in Rochford...not quite how it happened.

I ended up going to Brighton to watch Amy play in a net ball Tourny. It was a pity her team was not doing well at all. So TJ and I only stayed a couple of hours. The town of Brighton did look quite lovely. There was a nice looking pier with carnival type rides, beautiful blue sea, and an Arabian looking Palace which was gifted to Brighton sometime back.

TJ and I arrived home round two. I then drove into Edenbridge to get passport renewl forms for the kids and some ingriedents to make a cheesecake. Then I spent the next hour or so till 1/4 after 4 making sure mum was all ready to go when the taxi arrived to take her to Heathrow. She did in the end have everything, BUT we got a last minuet call to come pick Amy up at the school because the friend that was going to take her had to leave and Amy was not back from Brighton yet. Poohy, there went my hour nap.

I finally left at 7:30 and dropped Amy at the neighbors. Thankfully I got to my friends with out getting lost and I drove into town with her and her sis. We met up with some of her friends at a pub where we had before drinks. Then we went to her favorite club called Mayhem. I did dance a little which I was really looking forward to doing but I was sooo knackered I actually sorta napped in the club...ooops. At least it meant I was awake when we left at 10 to 2am. So I got us home safe and sound and then She and I curled up in her bed and nattered. All in All it was a pretty good birthday, I'd say :).

Saturday ended up being loads of fun. Got the kids from their various places and made them grilled ham sandwich's, Meg and I had cheese on ours but Tom and Amy do not like cheese...so bizarre to me. After that I had a lil nappy for 20min and then I drove the four of us to Tumbridge Wells to the entertainment plex. We went to the Bowlplex but they had no lanes for an hour and a half! As luck would have it the Cinema was playing Alice in Wonderland only 20min after we arrived. So we reserved a lane for 7ish and went and watched the movie. The kids enjoyed the movie...and the sweets I got them ;). Then we bowled a game where Amy won quite nicely, score of 108! Then we drove home.

I have to say I was so thrilled to be out with the three of them. Its not something I've gotten to do before but it was a lot of fun bonding with them.

Once home Amy was knackered coz she had gotten up so early so she was off to bed fairly quickly after dinner. Meg, Tom and I curled up on the living room sofa, me in the middle and watched Hotel for Dogs. Fairly awful movie but wonderful time cuddling with the lil ones. I fed them both ice cream for pud after tea...my, my all those sweets!

Sunday we didn't go out as a tutor came to help them out. But that night I roasted a chicken which I was quite proud of! We have no stove so I had to do microwave new potato's and microwave carrots. Which I put in a dish surrounding the chicken. It looked quite pretty in the end. Though when it came to carving I had no clue what I was doing. Meg assured me that they did not mind in the least :). She is such a sweetheart.

Monday I dropped the kids off at the Layby and then procrastinated. That night Jonnie came back from staying at his friends over the weekend and he was knackered so he went to bed pretty quickly! Tuesday I took Amy to Gatwick where she was going on a net ball tour with school to Jersey. That went smoothly, and afterwards I went in to East Grinstead to get on a monthly plan with 02 instead of pay as you go. So was pleased to have that sorted! Then got home to a sparkly clean kitchen, Thanks Agnes! and got to the ironing and putting away of clothes.

Mum and dad were back round 2ish and they went to get the kids from school and then whisked them off to get passport pictures taken. Meanwhile I went and got Jonnie from bus stop and brought him home were we all had chicken pie and baked beans for tea :).

Now that I have been here a bit I'm quite comfortable with the roads and don't really get lost anymore. I understand what direction I'm going in when I see towns labeled like Croyden, Tumbridge Wells etc. I know where the B269, or A264 etc will take me. I do have more of a routine at the house but things have been a it chaotic what with vacations and birthday parties etc! But we manage with hardly any issues at all.

I'm really enjoying my time here. I just feel like everything is perfect right now. I'm really enjoying being back in England and I think when I was in Cali I was restless to do something and to be active again and to just get out. So I'm really happy now. It is hard not having my best gal pals around because I have so much to say but at least my wonderful boyfriend lets me tell him everything so I'm not in need of nattering more than I already do :).

Well this is quite long enough. Hope I filled you in enough mum..o and anyone else that may possibly read this! :p Almost time for me to get up!

TAxxB

No comments:

Post a Comment