Wednesday 3 March 2010

busy busy busy!

Well it has been hectic this week! Mum and dad leave Friday afternoon for a little weekend skiing. In the meantime there is a Thursday (tomorrow) netball tournament for Meg in Brighton. Which means I get up early (6am) and drive Jonnie and his friend to the bus stop in the morning. Then there is some to do in the afternoon of whos driving whom or picking up where but I expect that shall be figured out.

Today was lots of ironing and tidying up so that it is all cleared away for when mum and dad leave. That went pretty well. Then I spent hours getting a bank account. Driving first to Edenbridge first to find there was no teller there that day to assist me and she was all booked for tomorrow. So turn around drive to Sevenoaks and go to the bigger branch. Wait 45min for available teller then 45min to open bank account. I have to say I left with a big smile on my face. The fellow that helped me was very upbeat and friendly. I really felt taken care of and not like he was resiting something he was told to learn out of a manual. I feel like if I really have some problem I can call him up (he gave me his number) and speak with him and he'll ACTUALLY help me solve the problem. And he'll care! I already like Barclay's about 10billion times better than the ones in America. for 5£ a mo I get mobile phone insurance AND I get a one year warrnty on ALL eletronic purchaes more than 25£ regardless of what the store or company gives me. Plus the first 300£ I overdraft there is no fee. Now isn't that nice and friendly?

Enough about banks. Friday, no afternoon pickups coz I get to go shake my booty with my friend Laura for her 20th birthday out in Rochford! Very excited to have a night out, meet with her friends and then dance,dance dance!

Saturday I have to head back in the morning to do some pick ups and then in the evening we are all planning to go bowling! weee, me an 4 kiddo's to the lanes! Really looking forward to that! Then they have a tutor Sunday for a couple of hours.

Monday and Tuesday will be fairly regular aside from getting up early to do all the morning driving. O wait Tuesday Amy flys to Jersey to a sports thing so I get to drive her to Gatwick. Wee. Then mum and dad back Tuesday afternoon and things resume to a normal easy pace :D

Then Wednesday I get to go see Alice in Wonderland in IMAX in London!!! woohoo. Very excited.

That is all for now. I've got the school runs down, I pretty much have the house work down but I'm still finding a routine. Also things seem to change a lot around here right now. Ski season is a very busy one for this family :D. I imagine in a month or so things will quiet down a bit more.

All in all I love it very much and this family is a lot of fun. The children are all lovely. Spending more time with Amy. She seems to be gravitating towards me as I stand about doing chores. So we have started chatting a bit more. All the kids are curious and ask lots of questions.

Kisses to you Cali mates. Miss you loads!

xxB

No comments:

Post a Comment